A short video showing my Germany’s capital city of Berlin is crazy, sexy, and cool.
If you’ve followed this blog for any amount of time you’ll know that I have a personal connection to Berlin, Germany’s capital: it was where my dear husband Liebling was born and bred. And his family and the vast majority of his friends still live there, I find myself in the city a least two or three times a year.
Naturally I’ve written skads of posts detailing experiences in the city (read them here); frequent visits have borne a familiarity and affinity for it. However, given the context under which I usually visit Berlin, I often don’t get to see it through a tourist lens. For this reason, I was super happy to go back on assignment for the German National Tourist Office.
Berlin is a bastion of history. Rich in museums and important landmarks, most visitors go there to have their mind stimulated, as well as to understand more about the human condition and the war/wall that divided not only a nation, but the whole world.
However, Berlin isn’t only its past. A hub that is as engaging culturally in the present day as it is historically, Germany’s largest city is at once crazy, sexy, and cool! Check out my video to see why!
Have you ever been to Berlin? What did you think?
I travelled to Germany in partnership with the German National Tourist Office and produced 5 videos in all. Make sure to watch the whole series:
- My first video chronicling the journey of German immigrants to Canada via the city of Bremerhaven;
- The second video showcasing Germany’s Fairy Tale Route and revealing the origins of and inspiration for the Brothers Grimm’s most popular stories;
- The third video explaining how the city of Stuttgart has had a huge impact on both what we drive and what we drink in The Great White North (as well as in many other parts of North America!)
- The fourth video which explains why Frankfurt is Crazy, Sexy, and Cool;
- And the last video which gives insight into why Germany’s capital of Berlin is the place to be!