So as you may have already noted in my last posts, in honour of Canada’s 150th birthday this year, I travelled throughout Germany to track down the connections between German culture and Canadian culture.
The third stop on my five city trip was Stuttgart, a mid-sized metropolis that is the capital of the Baden-Wurttemburg state. Known throughout Germany for its robust manufacturing industry, I was suprised to find out that the region has also had a large impact on Canada in terms of invention and innovation. Watch the third video in my five-video series to find out how and why this is the case!
Have you ever been to Stuttgart?
I travelled to Germany in partnership with the German National Tourist Office and produced 5 videos in all. Make sure to watch the whole series:
- My first video chronicling the journey of German immigrants to Canada via the city of Bremerhaven;
- The second video showcasing Germany’s Fairy Tale Route and revealing the origins of and inspiration for the Brothers Grimm’s most popular stories;
- The third video explaining how the city of Stuttgart has had a huge impact on both what we drive and what we drink in The Great White North (as well as in many other parts of North America!)
- The fourth video which explains why Frankfurt is Crazy, Sexy, and Cool;
- And the last video which gives insight into why Germany’s capital of Berlin is the place to be!